Food & Fellowship – Annual Banquet 2014
Tuesday, November 25th, 2014 @ 6:19PM
The 2014 Annual Banquet consisted of delicious food prepared by our Lodge Cook Crew, cheerful fellowship for members, and many awards and recognitions. The banquet was held at Ardmore Baptist Church in Winston-Salem, North Carolina on Saturday, November 8, 2014. Lodge Chief Zach Brown welcomed arrowmen and their families, then delivered the invocation.
After feasting on prime rib, baked potatoes, salad, and pumpkin pie, everyone in attendance rose for the Order of the Arrow Obligation. Award highlights include:
- Quest for the Golden Arrow: Eke Otkia Chapter
- Fall Fellowship Spirit Award: Elauwit Chapter
- Harold Daisy Award for Elections & Camping Promotions: Achowelendam Chapter
- Honor Chapter: Takachsin Chapter
- Chapter Most Valuable Arrowmen Award: Keith Davis, Dalton Lambert, Will Rierson, Will Nichols, Dakota Spicer, Nathan Eggers, and Joseph Petrof
- Chapter Rookies of the Year: Chris Razo, Kaaden Day, Cole Lovette, John Norris, and Ian McPherson
Jeffrey Sedlacek was honored as the 2014 Founder’s Award youth recipient for his service to his chapter, the lodge, and the section. Jeffrey served as the 2014 Wahissa Lodge Vigil Chief and is currently the SR7B Vice Chief of Program. Ken Badgett was honored as the 2014 Founder’s Award adult recipient for his many years of service as an adult adviser in the Lodge, for his dedication to Camp Raven Knob, and for his leadership within the Old Hickory Council, BSA / Camp Raven Knob Historical Association.
Christopher Hull was honored as the James E. West Fellowship Award recipient for his dedicated service as the Wahissa Lodge Adviser from 2007 to 2014. At the banquet, Chris passed the Lodge Adviser’s bow and quiver to our new Lodge Adviser, Steve Tucker. On behalf of the lodge, Steve Tucker and Zach Brown presented an embroidered “Raven” Pendleton blanket to Chris for his service.
The 2014 Lodge Officers were recognized for their service by 2014 Lodge Chief Zach Brown. Mr. Steve Wilburn, Scout Executive for the Old Hickory Council, then installed our 2015 Lodge Officers:
- Hugh Atkinson, Lodge Chief
- Jody Colona, VC Administration
- Kyle Bolejack, VC Activities
- Dave Corcoran, VC Elections & Camping Promotions
- Richard Anderson, VC Indian Affairs
- Adam Moore, VC Finance
- Will Rierson, VC Publications
- Will Indicott, VC Training
New Lodge Chief, Hugh Atkinson, then installed the 2015 Chapter Chiefs, including:
- Dylan Stoltzfus, Achowelendam
- Ian McPhearson, Elauwit
- Chris Boger, Eke Otkia
- Will Nichols, Kola
- Dakota Spicer, Sapona
- Corey Winkler, Takachsin
- Joseph Petrof, Zelo Zelos
Everyone enjoyed the most anticipated 2014 Wahissa Lodge slide show – a year in “photographic” review! Presentations were made by Staff Adviser Keith Bobbitt, 2014 Lodge Adviser Chris Hull, 2015 Lodge Adviser Steve Tucker, 2014 Chief Zach Brown, and 2015 Chief Hugh Atkinson.
The evening concluded with everyone encircling the large banquet room to sing the Order of the Arrow Song. As tradition demanded, the major post-banquet activity was the trip by lodge members to the local Krispy Kreme on Stratford Road!
Attendees were reminded that the 2015 SR7B Cardinal Conclave will be held at Camp Tuscarora near Goldsboro, North Carolina on April 17-19, 2015.